Tuesday, August 4, 2009

scones

Fried Scone Recipe

Bread Dough – I like to use Rhodes Rolls. I zap them in the microwave for a quick thaw.
Oil – I use canola oil
toppings – cinnamon, sugar, jam, syrup, etc.


Pour 1 inch of oil into a frying pan set to medium heat. (A tip for knowing when your oil is ready: tear off a tiny piece of bread and when it floats to the top and has bubbly sides it’s ready. You don’t want it sinking to the bottom.) Now stretch out your dough as far as it will go. Now cook about 1-2 minutes per side, watch these, they can burn fast. Then using tongs, place them on plate with paper towels to soak up any excess oil.

1 comment:

  1. Hummmm, did you get this recipe from me? I remember making them for you at my house before you got married LOL My boys LOVE these, it's a favorite.

    ReplyDelete