Tuesday, August 4, 2009

chocolate chip banana bread

I got this recipe from my old boss Julie, she is the Women's Head Lacrosse Coach for the University of Virginia.
You will love making this recipe like we do -it's so easy!

2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. butter, softened
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
3 very ripe bananas, mashed
1 c. chopped pecans or walnuts (optional --we don't like nuts in anything at our house)
1-1 1/2 c. chocolate chips

Sift flour, baking soda and salt together. Cream butter, sugar and eggs in mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add flour mixture gradually, beating well after each addition. Add bananas; mix well. Stir in pecans and chocolate chips. Pour into greased and floured loaf pans. Bake at 350 F. for 45-60 minutes or until loaf tests done.

1 comment:

  1. It just so happens that I have some very ripe bananas on my counter!! I must be living right *LOL* I am making this today!!

    ReplyDelete