Sunday, October 18, 2009

fall squash soup

Yummy Fall Harvest Soup!
I made this for lunch for my family and it was so good.
2 T butter
1 medium onion, chopped
2 lbs (1 squash is about right) butternut squash--peeled, seeded and cubed (it helps to put it in the microwave for a minute to soften before trying to cut)
2 c water (more if it is too thick)
1/2 t dried marjoram
1/4 t pepper
1/8 t cayenne pepper
4 chicken boulion cubes
8 oz cream cheese (this is what makes it so yummy!)

Add a toasted baguette on top for extra zap!

Saute onion in butter. Put onions and all other ingredients, except cream cheese into the crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Puree squash mixture in blender with cream cheese, you may need to do a couple batches to get it all mixed up without overflowing. Put everything back in the crockpot and heat through.

ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds so yummy and comforting...just what I need after a rough day like yesterday!! Too bad I have to go to the store before I make it...I have everything but the squash :)

    ReplyDelete