Tuesday, March 20, 2012

strawberry peach banana smoothie

Who else loves smoothies? I love making smoothies, and it is my boys favorite breakfast. I just throw some fruit (whatever is in season), yogurt ice cubes, and some juice into my blender and in seconds I have a delicious healthy treat!

I've started buying the big containers of yogurt (I like vanilla) and freezing it in ice cube trays! I just spoon the yogurt in, freeze, and pop them out and store them in a freezer baggies and when I am ready to make a smoothie... Vuala! It is much more inexpensive than buying the frozen smoothie packages at the store and you can stop throwing away yogurt because it's expiring and freeze it!!

Strawberry Peach Banana Smoothie
1 banana, broken into chunks
handful of fresh strawberries
1 peach, cubed
4 yogurt cubes
1/4 c strawberry, orange, mango juice

Put everything into blender and blend until smooth and serve. You might want to add more or less juice depending on how thick you like your smoothie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment